Growing up, my mother worked (she still does) and managed to get home cooked meals on the table. (We did occasionally have takeout.) A few weeks ago I decided to give one her recipes a go, since it’s one of my favorites. I’ve seen my mom cook kielbasa a variety of ways but I really enjoy when she mixes it together with broccoli and pasta. While her recipe may not be the healthiest, it’s definitely easy and a great 30-minute meal to make during the week. If you’re looking for a dish to feed yourself over a couple of days or four people, give this one a shot
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Pack of broccoli steamers
Half box of farfalle pasta
- Set the oven to 350°.
- Line a pan with aluminum foil and spray non-sticking cooking spray. Poke holes on both sides of the kielbasa and place into pan.
- Cook the kielbasa for 15-20 minutes.
- While the kielbasa is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add half the box of farfalle pasta to the water and cook until done. (You can use another type of past if you’d prefer but I love farfalle.)
- After the kielbasa has cooked on one side, flip it over for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the package of broccoli steamers in the microwave at the recommended time.
- Once everything is done cooking, drain the pasta and coat with a little bit of olive oil in the pan. (This will help prevent the pasta from sticking together.) Add some garlic powder for season.
- Cut the kielbasa in to small pieces. Add the kielbasa and broccoli to the pan and mix together with the pasta. Sprinkle some teriyaki sauce and pepper over the food and mix again.
Now your dish is ready to eat! You can always go back and add more garlic powder, teriyaki sauce and pepper as you see fit. I’m horrible at measurements when I cook so I basically eyeball everything and taste along the way.