Sorry for the late post of this week’s menu plan! I was busy all weekend, which is actually pretty rare for me. I tend to be a homebody, preferring to bum around the house or the neighborhood to parties and such. But I’m so glad I did get out, I had a blast with close friends this weekend celebrating my birthday and Easter. But, that means I drank way too many mimosas and ate way too much chocolate. So, back to healthy this week (again)!!
Menu Plan March 29 – April 4, 2015
Any substitutions or change I plan are noted below
- Sunday: Easter brunch at a friend’s apartment. I made cheesy hashbrown nests to share
- Monday: Sweet Potato & Lime Taquitos with a side salad
- Baking instead of frying the taquitos
- Tuesday: Dinner at Ethos Meze (Klaus is taking me out for my birthday)
- Wednesday: Easy Vegan Creamy Pasta with Kale
- Using roasted cherry tomatoes instead of sun-dried tomatoes (because I don’t love sun-dried tomatoes – I think they’re too sweet)
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles because that is what I have on hand
- No pine nuts (Again – expensive!), I may sub in chopped walnuts
- I MAY add in some nooch to the cream sauce
- Thursday: Crispy Tofu Sticks, frozen fries, side salad (these are super good and are my go-to if I’m craving something fried and crispy)
- Friday: Lemon garlic salmon, side salad, roasted cauliflower
- I think I’m going to be on my own for dinner because Klaus is going to a show and I’m looking forward to a night in alone, so we’ll see if this is what I make. If we have any leftovers I may just eat those
- Saturday: My friend Alex is hosting a lunch/potluck that involves sandwiches and a donut coffee cake – so I’m guessing I won’t be too hungry at night. Maybe we’ll pick something up!